Friday 24 January 2014

It's a Heart but not a Valentine by Sue Butler.

Hello Everyone,
This is my last project using the Dylusions Ink Pad, and if you have been following every Monday  this month you will have realised that this pad is not only versatile but fun as well.
I have been getting a little messy, but I am also in my element.
This could easily be a Valentines card except for the sentiment, I am wanting it for a wedding card.

I shall proceed with the steps on how my Background was created, and some of you will probably remember your time in Kindergarten doing this very process with paints.

Pick some leaves from your garden, press into the ink pad and stamp on the card-stock.

I have used water colour paper, polishing some of the leaves off with a wet wipe, allowing to dry then re stamping the leaves.

I stamped them on a Shipping Tag as well, this will  be used for another project.
Here you can see the different effects on the different papers.

I cut a Heart (free hand) out of some corrugated card board and swiped it across the Ink Pad and a little Gesso.


Added the embellishments, the little flowers are made from strips of the corrugated cardboard and curled up.

Attached some of the dyed seam binding.
Finished it off by adding the stitching and backed with Purple  Bazzil card stock, before mounting on a White card.


The different papers and the different techniques that I played with all came out differently, I did brayer onto Gloss card as well and the result was interesting, in fact Gloss card  was my favourite, but then I do like the effects of the water colour paper, and I also loved the subtleness of the shipping Tag, Darn it I liked all the results!
If you missed the first post explaining the 'how to' on this pad you can view it here.

Have a great week,
Smiles:)
Sue

Products used:

2 comments :

  1. Glorious leaf-stamping - what a brilliant technique!! Certainly tempted by this stamp pad now after all Sue's amazing projects... and I thought it was one crafty product I didn't "need"!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with the flower technique and your leaf stamping!

    ReplyDelete