Monday 21 October 2013

Strip-Piecing Christmas Cards by Sue Butler.

Hello Everyone.
I  hope you have started your Christmas cards as it is just 9 weeks to the Special Day!!!
Today I have two cards to show you, that are bright and beautiful.

How Jolly does this look, and it is so simple to make.  
The The Do-crafts Christmas pack make up this colourful background.

Using 5 different papers I cut them into different size strips, and glued them in place.
That is the background done, I added some ribbon to hide the seams.

Diecut two oblongs and two squares in corresponding colours, White emboss a pattern on the White card stock, as I explained last week here.
Add stitching to the oblong and a stamped sentiment to the square templates. 
My stocking is a stamp that has been White embossed then  fussy cut  and mounted with foam adhesive.
The Holly has been done exactly the same way.


 To complete I added a punched border at the bottom.

For my second card, I made the Background the same way but right angles to the  vertical card making it horizontal.


My stamped Penguins are Penny Black, which are mounted on two die-cuts.
I dry embossed the White Background to add texture and interest.
Two different looks with the same paper-piecing method.



Products used and available at Scotties.

1 comment :

  1. What a great idea using the paper scraps like this, and what a wonderful paper collection

    ReplyDelete